Newsletters, Blogs, Articles, Books, and More
On a regular basis, these newsletters serve up tips and interesting information about diet and living a healthy lifestyle.
There are many excellent blog resources on the Internet. Here are a few that consistently provide timely and interesting information. If we've missed an excellent resource, let us know.
Of course, there are thousands of articles written about diet. I believe these articles do shed an interesting light on American diet and culture.
- How to Eat Smarter - Time
- Obesity: Why Consumers Can't Fight It - Hank Cardello
- The Atlantic - Articles Written by Marion Nestle
- XXXL - Why are Americans so Fat? - New Yorker - Elizabeth Kolbert
- The Gorge Yourself Environment - NY Times - Erica Goode
- E. Coli Path Shows Flaws in Beef Inspection - NYT - Michael Moss
- Getting Real about the High Price of Cheap Food - Time - B. Walsh
- The French Paradox - WebMD - Kathleen Zelman
- Obesity: It Might Not be Your Fault - SF Examiner - Erin Allday
- What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie - New York Times - Gary Taubes
The American food system is complex. The science of diet, if you can call it that, has become complex. To understand the aforementioned topics, I have found these books to be of tremendous value.
I have read many other books on the subject, however, these stand out above the rest.