Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is above the normal range of weight for your height. You may be at a higher risk for heart disease, Type 2 diabetes and other potentially serious health problems. The Okinawa diet plan will help you safely lose the weight you need to get your BMI into a "normal", healthier, range
It also stated this: Your Healthy Weight Range: 125.3-162.5 lbs.
Here's what you need to know:
1. My height - 5' 9" - My Weight 170 - My Age 56 - My BMI 25.1
2. All BMI calculators will come up with the same result (25.1) and state that I am slightly overweight
3. Its "healthy weight" suggestion is downright dangerous. If I weighed 125.3 (loss of 45-pounds), I would either a) be dead b) be anorexic c) be in the hospital d) look and feel like crap
4. If I weighed the top-end of its healthy range - 162.5, while I would be healthy, people would comment that I was too skinny. And, I would agree.
5. Its suggestion that I am "at higher risk" for heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, or other serious health problems is preposterous. I won't bore you with my lipid results, blood pressure, and other health outcomes, however, I am in perfect health.
So, please beware of the BMI calculator. Use it as a guide and certainly not as gospel.